Ever wonder about the power of music and what it can bring to your life? Kathryn Brickell Music works hard to educate its students not only with each instrument, but through the importance of music and its meaning in our lives.
Here are some cool facts about music that you may not have known:
1) Children who study music tend to have a larger word bank and are more advanced in reading skills than their peers who do not opt for music lessons.
2) Children with learning disabilities or dyslexia can greatly benefit from music lessons.
3) Children who study a musical instrument are more likely to excel in studies and extra- curricular activities.
4) Schools providing music programs have an estimated 90.2% graduation rate and 93.9% attendance rate compared to schools without music education, which average 72.9% graduation and 84.9% attendance.
5) A Stanford study shows that music engages areas of the brain which are involved with paying attention, making predictions and updating events in our memory.
6) Young children who take music lessons show different brain development and improved memory when compared to children who do not.
7) Listening to your favorite music while working out measurably improves physical performance. This goes for studies too, as more college students prefer studying while listening to their favorite song.
8) No one from The Beatles could read music.
9) Your heartbeat changes with the rhythms of the music you are listening too.
10)Â A study conducted showed that flowers can grow faster by listening to music. Wonder why the Gardeners haven’t still made use of this!
11) The type of music you listen to affects the way you perceive the world.
12) The world’s longest concert can is so slow that it will last 639 years. You won’t even be alive by then.
13) Loud music makes a person drink more in less time.
14) Rebel XD spat an amazing 852 syllables in 42 seconds in 2007 to beat his own Guinness World Record for Fastest Rapper. He went at a pace of about 20.3 syllables per second.
15) Music triggers activity in the same brain structure that releases the “pleasure chemical” dopamine.
16) According to a study, babies remain twice as calm while listening to music than to a speech.
17) Like humans, birds can learn and listen to music while they are still in the egg stage.
18) Mozart was five years old when he wrote his first music composition.
19) Termites will eat wood two times faster when listening to heavy metal.
20) Music is like a drug the more you listen to it the more you get addicted to it.