How Can Parents Motivate Their Children?
Success in the field of music can only be attained by working together. A music teacher can only do 90% of the job in a short weekly lesson. The rest is up to the parents to make it a priority and for the student to take the responsibility. A parent can influence not only his child’s personality but also his future. At Kathryn Brickell Music we can assist you to be a better musician. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
Here are some of the ways in which parents can encourage their children:
1) Encouraging the child to listen to and study the music that the student loves. Pop songs that sound cool are generally fun to play but still the choice varies from child to child. Parents can get their children songbooks of their favourite musicians.
2) Having an outlet to play for others is excellent and a true part of playing music since its a performing art. Recitals, bands, festivals and family events are the perfect opportunities for young musicians to build their confidence. It also motivates them to practice their skills. Children love to play music in front of familiar people rather than strangers.
3) Letting music replace chores will work well.
Giving children more free time by reducing chores is a good way to increase their interest in practising.
4) Offering musical rewards worked well.
I keep track of how many minutes my kids practice. When they reach a certain number, I reward them with a music-related prize, either a book of sheet music or a new CD.
5) Changing the scenery for practising is a great idea.
We should try to make the child comfortable in his or her surroundings. For instance, if your daughter isn’t in the mood to play, you could ask her to take her music stand and flute onto the porch or into the yard. Being out in the sun with birds tweeting and hearing how the music resounds differently outdoors adds just enough novelty to keep it enjoyable. Kathryn Brickell Music offers a variety of music classes. Contact us today to schedule an appointment or view some of the instruments we offer.