Piano is one of the most widely used musical instruments and is generally considered to be the backbone of music. A Pianist can extract several unique benefits not only in the stages of learning but throughout his lifetime. Researchers have proved that playing the piano is beneficial for a persons health and overall well- being whether he or she is a child or an adult. Kathryn Brickell Music we can assist you to be a better musician. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
1. Playing The Piano Can Increase Cognitive Development: Scientific studies have proven that learning music uses the brain in ways that almost every other activity cannot. The neurological system of our body is fully active while playing the piano which increases our chances of excelling in all fields of life.
2. Eye Hand Coordination: Eye-hand coordination also increases while playing piano. Reading a music sheet trains the eyes and hands to work closely together.
3. Development Of Motor Skills: Consistent practice helps our hands to move efficiently. The size of the hands doesn’t affect the ability to play quality music.
4. Piano Increases Dedication And Discipline:
Playing the piano needs dedication and inspiration. Regular practice is the key in becoming a successful pianist.
5. Music Helps To Reduce Anxiety: Playing piano for even a few moments on a busy day can help the mind to relax. It also helps to relieve stress and to lower blood pressure.
6. Playing The Piano Has Positive Affects On Our Health: Social ills such as depression and loneliness can be conquered by the use of piano.
Learning to play the piano is pure fun. Whether you are old or young playing the piano is always revitalizing. There are no side effects of playing the piano but the benefits are immeasurable. Kathryn Brickell Music offers a variety of music classes. Contact us today to schedule an appointment or view some of the instruments we offer.